Saturday, December 20, 2014

Why you should switch to a smoothie for breakfast.

Day 5: Accomplish your New Years resolutions
Switch to a Breakfast Smoothie
 
 
Breakfast is my biggest challenge, mornings for me like many of us are hectic. I have my morning workout, daycare drop-off, and off course making it to work on time. Unlike my other meals there are very few days I can sit down for breakfast. Now it would be easy for me to go through a drive thru, get a greasy (and not vegan) breakfast sandwich and eat sitting in traffic. I chose not to do this because there is a better option a delicious jumbo smoothie. Try switching your breakfast to a smoothie for a week and see how well your body responds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Benefits of a breakfast smoothie:
  • Hydration: I make my smoothies a liter to refresh my body, fruit is water dense which digests easily.
  • Nutrition: A smoothie has the ability to be a complete portable meal.
  • Energy: Smoothies from the natural sugar, and carbohydrate intake gives me all the energy I need in the morning.
How to make a smoothie the basics:
  • Milk alternative (almond is the best in my opinion) 1cup
  • Enough water to blend or make into a liter, ice for texture or temperature
  • 2 or 3 Fruits (practice good food combining, I put FullyRaw Kristina's food combining chart under the list)
  • Greens (Kale, spinach or a mix) 1 to 2 handfuls
  • Optional: Seeds (Flax or Chai is my favorite) I only use one at a time to not overload my digestion typically flax
  • Optional: Protein powder  (I use raw for life right now) protein is great if you worked out in the morning or if there is a big gap before your next meal.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment